Articles of Incorporation: The Church of Ravenstar
Executed by the undersigned for the purpose of forming a New Jersey corporation under Title 16 1:1 of the New Jersey Statutes, WITHOUT STOCK AND NOT FOR PROFIT.
Article 1. The Name of the corporation is The Church of Ravenstar, A NJ non-profit corporation.
Article 2. The period of existence shall be perpetual.
Article 3. The purpose shall be to support, publicize, research and teach the religious tradition, practices, beliefs and values of Feri Tradition Witchcraft, and to assist others by using Psychic and Metaphysical gifts, and by performing Spiritualist and healing services on request. To provide worship structure to the Witchcraft community and offer services tailored to that community.
In addition to and support of, the above, the corporation shall have further general purposes and powers as follows:
- To sue and be sued.
- To publicize, publish teach and explore the religious traditions practices and values of Feri Tradition Witchcraft; and to exercise any, all and every power which an establishment of religion is entitled to.
- To create, establish modify or dissolve branches; schools; religious orders, sororities and fraternities; research and experimental organizations, and other subsidiary organizations as the board may direct.
- To authorize, bestow, convey grant or issue: Certificates, charters, credentials, degrees, diplomas, franchises, licenses, memberships; ordinations; or to do otherwise as the Board may direct.
- To act as a responsible party or custodian for: licenses, permits, bonds tax matter, and contracts; or to do otherwise as the Board may direct.
- To receive property by device or bequest, subject to the laws regulating the transfer of property by will; and otherwise acquire and hold all property, real or personal, including shares of stocks, bonds and securities of other corporations; to act as a trustee under any trust incidental to the principal objects of the corporation; and receive, hold, administer and expend funds and property subject to such trust.
- To borrow money; contract debts; issue bonds, notes and debentures; and to secure, pay interest on, and redeem same.
- To enroll, expel, fire, hire recruit or train persons; Establish various and diverse classes of membership, employees, volunteers, or otherwise as the Board may direct.
- To keep accounts, files, inventories and records, as the Board may direct.
- To do all other acts necessary or expedient for the administration of the affairs and attainments of the purposes of the corporation, within the scope of activities authorized in Title 16:1 of the New Jersey Statutes.
- No part of the net earning of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, trustees, officers or other private persons, except that the organization shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set forth in the purpose clause hereof. No substantial part of the activities of the organization shall be the carrying on of propaganda, or otherwise attempting to intervene in (including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office. Notwithstanding any other provision of this document, the organization shall not carry on any activities not permitted to be carried on (a) by an organization exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or (b) by an organization, contributions to which are deductible under Section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code."
Article 4: The principal office is located in Cape May County, New Jersey, and the address f the principal office is: Ravenstar Church of Seven Planes: The Church of Ravenstar, Trotter Way, Cape May, NJ 08204
Article 5: The name of the initial registered agent is Robert S. Bitting.
Article 6: The address of the initial registered agent is: Trotter Way, Cape May, NJ 08204
Article 7: These articles may be amended in the manner authorized by law at the time of the amendment.
Article 8: The number of directors shall be fixed by bylaw, but shall not be less than three.
Article 9: The names and addresses of the initial Board of Directors are:
Rev. Robert S. Bitting, (snip)
Rev. William Wiggins, (snip)
Rev. Henry Buchy
Rev. Robert Harris
Rev. Mina Hayes
Article 10: Membership provisions shall be set forth in the bylaws.
Article 11: Other provision:
- The property of this corporation is irrevocably dedicated to religious purposes, or scientific purposes as they apply to religious purposes; and upon liquidation, dissolution or abandonment by the Board of Directors, and after providing for the debts and obligations thereof, the remaining assets shall not inure to the benefit of any private person, but will be distributed to a nonprofit fund, foundation or corporation which is organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable or scientific purposes and which has established it’s tax-exempt status under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of the United States of America.
- The bylaws of the corporation may be adopted by the Board of Directors, and may thereafter be amended or repealed as therein provided.
- The Board of Directors will issue no stock, voting or non-voting.
- The order in which various items appear listed herein establishes non-system of priorities.
- This corporation is being formed as a new organization and a new establishment of religion and no existing unincorporated religion is being incorporated.
Article 12: The name and addresses of the incorporator (or incorporators) are:
Rev. Robert S. Bitting, (address snipped)
Rev.William Wiggins, (address snipped)
Rev. Henry Buchy (address snipped)
Rev. Robert Harris (address snipped)
Rev Mina Hayes, (address snipped)
This document was drafted by Rev. Robert S. Bitting